Stairlift Advice — Why You Need a Stairlift Survey
We visit your home to make sure your stairlift fits you, as well as your stairs.
A Stannah stairlift is made to last decades and manufactured to be a perfect fit for you and your stairs. We use the latest technology to survey your stairs, and cut your rail to the closest millimeter and make each stairlift meet our rigorous quality checks. We’re continually doing research to find new ways to make your stairlift safer, more comfortable, and easier to use.
How a Home Visit Gets You Excellent Stairlift Advice
A stairlift is not an everyday purchase. For that reason, it’s hard to know exactly what you need. Our consultants are trained to recognize which features their customers need and offer personalized advice for free. There’s no pressure to buy, but if you do decide to go with a Stannah, you can rest assured that you’ve been presented with all of the information and an honest assessment has led to a quote for the stairlift that will work best for you.
The only way we can give you the most personalized, accurate information is by meeting you and seeing your stairs. During a home visit our consultant can see why your stairs have become a problem, and how to help you overcome it. The consultant measures your stairs and decides if we can install a stairlift on them. If we can, then comes the fun part – deciding which type of stairlift would be the best fit for you.
Call us now to book your stair survey. It’s the first step you need to take to get your stairlift.
Personalized Stairlift Advice:
Our consultants are trained to recognize which features their customers need and offer personalized advice for free.
3 Steps of a Personalized Stairlift Assessment
1. Find out which rail fits in your house
The rail your stairlift needs depends on your stairs. If there are any bends, twists or turns you need a curved rail, made specifically to hug the shape of your staircase. If you have a straight staircase a straight rail is made to fit the exact length of your stairs.
The consultant who comes to your house has been trained to be able to assess exactly if and how a stairlift fits into your house. There are many benefits to having precise measurements of your stairs. One is that the rail fits your staircase as snugly as possible, and another is that we can pre-build your stairlift in our factory in a way that exactly mimics your stairs, with the same dimensions. By building in this way we make sure that:
- The lift fits together before it gets to you. We put it all together and test it before it leaves the factory. That way we know our installers will have no problems when they come to install your stairlift. It makes the whole process quicker.
- The lift we make will fit into your house perfectly. If the lift is a perfect fit, when it is installed it will meet all our safety requirements and will need less maintenance.
Measuring your stairs during your home visit also means less waiting time. When you order your lift, the measurements get sent straight to our factory and production starts right away.
2. Decide which chair meets your needs
Once the rail is decided, a chair can be chosen. The choice depends on:
- if your stairs are particularly narrow
- what you want your chair to look like
- which chair would be the most comfortable for your specific needs
Our consultants can advise you which would be the most comfortable, based on their mobility assessment, and the benefits of each one for you personally.
This is why they need to meet you. They need to assess what would work best for you on lots of different levels – what would make you feel the safest and most comfortable in your home.
Once the chair and rail are picked out, you’ll be able to picture exactly how unstoppable you’ll feel once your stairlift is installed.
3. Consider the options
The last step is to play with designs and colors and see what would look best in your house. Decide if you would like a bigger footrest, if a powered swivel would make your life easier and which side of the stairs your stairlift would fit on best.
Request a free quote
How much will it all cost?
Only when our consultant has measured your stairs and talked you through your options can they give you a quote.
The quote includes:
- Your home visit
- Market-leading warranty
- A stairlift custom-made for you
We want you to have all the right information before you make a decision. That’s why we consider all of the factors in your quote.
Things That Affect Cost of Stairlift
Things that could affect the cost of your stairlift are:
- Which chair you choose
- The length of your stairs
- Whether you need a straight rail or one that turns
- If you need a retractable rail that lifts out of the way (if there’s a door right at the bottom of your stairs)
- If you want any additional features (like a powered swivel to make it easier to get off your lift at the top, or a button to flip your footrest up automatically)
Schedule a visit with one of our consultants now to find out which stairlift is best for you and your stairs. Call us now. We are more than happy to give you information and advice, commitment-free.